Val d'Isere - Kid's Club Manager
Scott Dunn is renowned for its excellent childcare, this is your chance to lead our fantastic childcare team in the French Alps for the winter ski season. The childcare team are an extremely important part of the service Scott Dunn offer and this is a great opportunity to do the job you love in a fun and exciting environment.
This role is the perfect opportunity for senior childcare professionals who wish to progress in the job they love, in a stunning environment, with a growing company. You will be leading the whole childcare operation in resort and it will be your responsibility to ensure children are cared for in a safe environment, that an exciting and engaging programme of activities are delivered to all age groups and that the club is run to exceptionally high standards. You will be working within a professional childcare team in order to provide the very best experience for the children. From the moment the children arrive in the club you will ensure they have the holiday of a lifetime experiencing new activities and letting their imaginations run wild.
Our team are flexible and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that the children have a fun-filled and enjoyable time, which is what keeps families coming back to us year after year. The resorts may have incredible facilities for children but it is our team that really counts and makes the difference.
In your spare time you will be able to ski and explore in some of the most beautiful, challenging and varied terrain in the world and enjoying the local delicacies and culture. If you are looking for a job that pushes you to be your very best, that enables you to live in some of Europe’s most desirable locations and to work alongside some of the best professionals in the industry, then this is the position for you.
If you are looking for a job that pushes you to be your very best, that offers great professional development opportunities and to work alongside some of the best professionals in the industry, then this is the position for you.
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby ‘Nothing is too much trouble’. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
· Ensure the guests and their children benefit from the highest level of childcare.
· Organise and manage the Explorers for children aged 4 months upwards.
· Manage, oversee, train and mentor a kid’s club team.
· Liaise with other Scott Dunn teams (resort and office based).
· Ensure and maintain excellent safeguarding practices.
· Work closely with the hotel.
· Have a flexible approach to the role and be prepared to step in where necessary.
· Provide a safe, hygienic and stimulating environment for all children.
· Plan and manage the day to day running and operation of the children’s club.
· Organise guests and team logistics including hotel and ski school collection and pickups.
· Work closely with the Guest Relations Manager in your resort ensuring clear communication.
· Ensure all Health and Safety procedures and requirements are followed, understood and respected at all times.
· Supervise, manage and support the kids club team throughout the season.
· Organise and provide further training and guidance to a team member if required.
· Schedule and run team meetings on a weekly basis giving regular feedback and providing a platform to share thoughts, ideas and any potential concerns.
· Organise and hold individual 121 meetings.
· Ensure healthy good quality snacks and lunch are provided.
· Make certain that the cleanliness of the club is of extremely highstandard.
· Guarantee that all policies and procedures are implemented to guarantee an efficient operation and expected standards.
· Coordinate, organise and implement a range of activities.
· Ensure all records and forms are completed correctly and on time.
· Work to a budget and report regularly on all costs.
· Report any Health and Safety concerns.
· Attend regular managers’ meetings.
· Travel to and work in different resorts if required depending on business needs.
· Work in ratio if required.
· Ensure effective communication with the parents and children throughout their stay.
· Provide a degree of flexibility wherever possible to meet parent’s needs and wishes.
· Plan and carry out regular staff accommodation spot checks.
Abilities and Expectations
· Leadership skills – ability to lead a well-motivated childcare team
· Love and ability to work with children aged between 4 months upwards
· Excellent self-motivation
· Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
· Organised and pro-active
· Outgoing and fun
· Strong swimmer and happy to take children in the water
· Team player
· Excellent understanding of good safeguarding practice
· Flexible approach to work
· Excellent numeric, administrative and organisational skills
· Have an outstanding eye for detail
· Outstanding work ethic
Essential Experience and Key Competencies
· Childcare qualification
· Experience of leading, supporting and managing a team
· Experience of working with children under five years of age
· EU passport
· Full clean EU driving licence
· Paediatric first aid qualification
· Confident swimmer
· Worked overseas in similar role
· French language skills
· Experience of working with children 4 months to 13 years
Package and Benefits
In order to recruit the best people and deliver our product, Scott Dunn offers a very attractive remuneration package. All of our team members are offered:-
· A competitive salary
· Live out accommodation
· Return travel at start and end of contract (please refer to travel policy for more detailed information)
· Comprehensive training course
· Career progression with opportunities in our Summer programme
Please note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a police check.
- Pay Type Salary
- Place du Rond Point des Pistes, 73150 Val-d'Isère, France