Cook/Kitchen Assistant £8.91 - 10.03 Per hour
25 hours per week
Generous weekend working bonus, and every other weekend off.
We are the largest care provider in Cornwall. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, giving practical assistance for all types of care.
"We believe in going above and beyond offering high-quality care, going that extra mile to improve lives every day."
As a Kitchen Assistant for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our St Martins home within a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose homes you are working in.
St Martin’s sits right in the community, located on a generous plot within a large housing estate. Our residents, with mixed nursing needs, are spread across two wings – named Crofty and Trevithick for a proper Cornish feel. A beautiful bright conservatory opens onto a large expanse of lawn framed by pretty flower beds, and this is the sight which greets you upon arrival.
There’s a sense of fresh energy here, thanks to new management. So it’s a brilliant time to join us and be a part of the buzz.
What you’ll do:
• To ensure the kitchen maintains a high standard of cleanliness and adheres to food hygiene and Health and Safety procedures.
• To carry out any duties as directed by the kitchen staff including the preparation of vegetables and light snacks ensuring excellent standards of hygiene
• Follow a daily/weekly cleaning programme
• Assist with receipt of deliveries, storage and stock rotation.
• To ensure that all equipment is used correctly and COSHH data analysis sheets are followed.
What you’ll need:
• Basic Food Hygiene and basic food preparation certificates.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Friendly, professional, confident, honest and reliable
• Ability to work whilst ensuring privacy, equality, dignity and respect for clients.
• A good knowledge of health and safety procedures
What you’ll receive:
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. Being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
Our brilliant Care Academy, in partnership with Cornwall College, gives you access to free courses and qualifications – from improving your basics like maths, English and computer skills, to apprenticeships and industry-recognised Diplomas. The Cornwall Care world is your oyster!