Housekeeper - £8.91 Per hour
30 hours per week.
Generous weekend working bonus, and every other weekend off.
We are the largest care provider in Cornwall. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, giving practical assistance for all types of care.
"We believe in going above and beyond offering high-quality care, going that extra mile to improve lives every day."
As a Housekeeper for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Redannick home within a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose homes you are working in.
Redannick is rather like a giant bungalow! A very homely home, from the little garden with cheery dahlias and a potting area, to the cosy kitchen-table-style dining rooms.
We are not a nursing home, but we do specialise in mid-stage dementia and mental health needs. You’ll come to know our residents well – all have different personalities of course. We thrive on providing an array of activities – there’s music and baking, even rides in the minibus – to keep joints moving and those precious minds active.
What you’ll do:
· To undertake general cleaning duties throughout the Home (e.g. bathroom and toilet areas, carpet cleaning, window cleaning etc.) as directed by the Deputy Manager.
· Ensure that the cleaning schedules and accurately recorded on a daily basis.
· Responsible to undertake and maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of resident’s room as agreed with the resident, to include, (e.g. making and changing bedding, emptying waste paper bins etc.).
· To assist in the laundry as required (e.g. ironing, simple mending, sorting, packaging and delivery of resident’s laundry.
· To replenish cleaning products and toiletries as necessary and appropriate and to report any shortages or losses to your Line Manager.
What you’ll need:
· Good standard of literacy and numeracy (GCSE B or equivalent)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· An ability and willingness to self-development
· Be able to work with discretion on confidential matters
· A flexible and reliable approach to duties
What you’ll receive:
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. Being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
Our brilliant Care Academy, in partnership with Cornwall College, gives you access to free courses and qualifications – from improving your basics like maths, English and computer skills, to apprenticeships and industry-recognised Diplomas. The Cornwall Care world is your oyster!