Housekeeper £8.91 Per hour
32.5 hours per week
Generous weekend working bonus, and every other weekend off.
We are the largest care provider in Cornwall. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, giving practical assistance for all types of care.
"We believe in going above and beyond offering high-quality care, going that extra mile to improve lives every day."
As a Housekeeper for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Mountford home within a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose homes you are working in.
Mountford is a truly special place. All who enter are touched by its feeling of family and togetherness.
Outdoors sit charming gardens; connected areas of pretty planting, peppered with poems – along with our resident chickens!
Specialising in end of life care, the mood here is relaxed, quiet and calming – but it is not one of sadness or gloom. Far from it. This is a happy home, alive with activities and lots of laughter.
What you’ll do:
• To undertake general cleaning duties throughout the Home (e.g. bathroom and toilet areas, carpet cleaning, window cleaning etc.) as directed by the Deputy Manager.
• Ensure that the cleaning schedules and accurately recorded on a daily basis.
• Responsible to undertake and maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of resident’s room as agreed with the resident, to include, (e.g. making and changing bedding, emptying waste paper bins etc.).
• To assist in the laundry as required (e.g. ironing, simple mending, sorting, packaging and delivery of resident’s laundry.
• To replenish cleaning products and toiletries as necessary and appropriate and to report any shortages or losses to your Line Manager.
What you’ll need:
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy (GCSE B or equivalent)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• An ability and willingness to self-development
• Be able to work with discretion on confidential matters
• A flexible and reliable approach to duties
What you’ll receive:
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. Being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
Our brilliant Care Academy, in partnership with Cornwall College, gives you access to free courses and qualifications – from improving your basics like maths, English and computer skills, to apprenticeships and industry-recognised Diplomas. The Cornwall Care world is your oyster!