Chef - £10.07 p.h
25 hours per week
Generous weekend working bonus, and every other weekend off.
We are the largest care provider in Cornwall. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, giving practical assistance for all types of care.
"We believe in going above and beyond offering high-quality care, going that extra mile to improve lives every day."
As a Chef for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Trevern Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in. The chef is there to plan and prepare nutritious food on a daily basis, ensuring that all ingredients purchased and used are fresh, within budget and meet the dietary needs of our residents.
Trevern sits in the heart of Falmouth; one site accommodating three separate buildings – each with its own garden. This beauty of this is that it enables us to offer tailored levels of nursing and residential care, meaning that our residents can remain with us as their needs continue to change and evolve. Which is very important, when you grow as fond of them as we do.
What you’ll do:
• Prepare, cook and present well-balance food and beverages to the highest quality, ensuring that both cultural and dietary needs are met for the residents in your home. Assist and enable a client with eating and drinking
• Work closely with your care colleagues and listen to the residents in order to plan food that reflects choice and preferences, whilst at the same time, encourages high levels of consumption and enjoyment of food
• Be responsible for the purchase of stock in accordance, whilst monitoring and controlling the service and quality from the suppliers.
• Provide catering support for home events throughout the calendar year, liaising and planning with the registered service manager
• Maintain the excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the kitchen environment in order for you to meet and exceed the required standards of practice as prescribed by Environmental Health Agency.
What you’ll need:
• NVQ Level 2/3 in Food Preparation/Catering
• Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Catering
• At least two years’ experience working at Chef level, menu planning for a variety of cultural and dietary needs.
• Demonstrable experience of working in a ‘Safer Food Better Business’ environment.
• Working experience of managing and positively motivating a small catering team.
• Commercial awareness and a working knowledge of budget control and financial planning.
What you’ll receive:
£10.07 per hour
You’ll also receive improved rates for weekend working and every other weekend off.
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. Our brilliant Care Academy, in partnership with Cornwall College, gives you access to free courses and qualifications – from improving your basics like maths, English and computer skills, to apprenticeships and industry-recognised Diplomas. The Cornwall Care world is your oyster!