Activities Coordinator £9.10 p.h
Up to 25 hours per week
Generous weekend working bonus, and every other weekend off.
We are the largest care provider in Cornwall. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, giving practical assistance for all types of care.
"We believe in going above and beyond offering high-quality care, going that extra mile to improve lives every day."
As an Activities Coordinator for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Trengrouse home within a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose homes you are working in.
There’s something about Trengrouse. It’s a feeling, an atmosphere. And the homely touches. Our clients, their families and our staff are a tightly bonded group.
Life here is vibrant and a little bit noisy – we specialise in providing nursing care for those with complex dementia and some mental health needs. The open plan layout, with multiple lounges opening to a central patio, allows such freedom to express and explore, resulting in increased communication and a certain sense of calm.
What you’ll do:
• Listen to our residents, meet with family members talk with the home care staff to gain knowledge about a resident’s individual life story, experiences and interests.
• Plan and organise cost effective and stimulating activities for residents to include for example music, art, crafts and exercise programs.
• Plan and organise outings for residents
• Develop strong links with the local community to fund raise for the home activities and events.
• Assist resident’s at meal times and with general care needs as required.
What you’ll need:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Great planning and organisational skills.
• IT literate
• Sensitivity and awareness of dementia, dependency, depression and people at risk of falls.
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy (GCSE B or equivalent)
• Full Clean Driving Licence.
What you’ll receive:
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. Being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
Our brilliant Care Academy, in partnership with Cornwall College, gives you access to free courses and qualifications – from improving your basics like maths, English and computer skills, to apprenticeships and industry-recognised Diplomas. The Cornwall Care world is your oyster!