Registered General Nurse £17.17 - £19.21 p.h
37.5 hours (3 shifts) per week
We are the largest care provider in Cornwall. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, giving practical assistance for all types of care.
"We believe in going above and beyond offering high-quality care, going that extra mile to improve lives every day."
As a Registered General Nurse for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Mountford Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in.
Mountford is a truly special place. All who enter are touched by its feeling of family and togetherness.
Outdoors sit charming gardens; connected areas of pretty planting, peppered with poems – along with our resident chickens!
Specialising in end of life care, the mood here is relaxed, quiet and calming – but it is not one of sadness or gloom. Far from it. This is a happy home, alive with activities and lots of laughter.
As a nurse you are responsible to promote the health and wellbeing of Cornwall Care's clients, ensuring the provision of excellent care that meets the client’s physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual needs.
What you’ll do:
• Ensure that at all times Cornwall Care's clients are cared for with respect and love and that their dignity is maintained
• Using your nursing skills you will ensure that each client is assessed, their needs are clearly understood, there is clear documented evidence of a reliable care plan and this plan of care is reviewed at least on a monthly basis or when the client’s needs dictates a review
• Collaborate with your nursing team colleagues, health care assistant colleagues and with a range of multi-professionals to assure the holistic care of Cornwall Care clients
• Provide support, education and emotional care to the relatives and friends of the clients.
• Provide nursing care and contribute to nursing services in such a professional and caring manner as to enhance the company's reputation which will support the continued growth of Cornwall Care.
What you’ll need:
• Possession of NMC registration with no restrictions on your practice
• Have in depth clinical knowledge and demonstrable understanding and ability to interpret clinical data and information
• Knowledgeable on how to assist in the delivery of care and meet patient’s requirements
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What you’ll receive:
• We pay your NMC Pin following successful completion of probation
• Great training and career development opportunities
• Employer pension contributions
• Refer a friend bonus programme
• Financial and health wellbeing - advice and support
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. Being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
Our brilliant Care Academy, in partnership with Cornwall College, gives you access to free courses and qualifications – from improving your basics like maths, English and computer skills, to apprenticeships and industry-recognised Diplomas. The Cornwall Care world is your oyster!