Care - Health Care Assistant 1
Healthcare Assistants Level 1 or Level 2 - £8.95 - £10.10 p.h
Up to 32.5 hours (5 shifts) per week
Generous weekend working bonus, and every other weekend off.
We are the largest care provider in Cornwall. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, giving practical assistance for all types of care.
"We believe in going above and beyond offering high-quality care, going that extra mile to improve lives every day."
As a healthcare assistant for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Blackwood Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in.
The emphasis at Blackwood is truly on home and family. Spread across two floors, our residents have a mixture of needs, which are due in the main to being frail and elderly or advancing dementia.
There’s such a sense of community and fun here, with regular banter between our staff and the people we support. No two days, or hours, are ever the same – boredom factor zero! We’re all about the smiles, because the magic is found in making a difference to someone’s day. We firmly believe that there’s no such thing as ‘just a carer’ – and you’ll quickly become a valued member of our tight-knit team.
What you’ll do:
• Assist and enable a client with their personal care needs
• Assist and enable a client with eating and drinking
• Follow, regularly keep up-to-date and understand the person’s plan of care and risk assessments.
• Respect the dignity of each person in your care both by word and action
• Develop relationships with each person in your care
What you’ll need:
• At Level 1, you need no professional qualifications.
• At Level 2, you will have a Diploma (or equivalent) in Health and Social Care.
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent Communication skills
What you’ll receive:
Our hourly rates are broken down as below
Level 1 - £8.95 (day shifts) £9.95 (night shifts)
Level 2 - £9.10 (day shifts) £10.10 (night shifts)
You’ll also receive improved rates for weekend working and every other weekend off.
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. We have HCA Levels 1-4, and being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
Our brilliant Care Academy, in partnership with Cornwall College, gives you access to free courses and qualifications – from improving your basics like maths, English and computer skills, to apprenticeships and industry-recognised Diplomas. The Cornwall Care world is your oyster!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Blackwood Residential Home - Camborne, Roskear, Camborne, Cornwall, United Kingdom